Welcome to my Blog. Hoping to do Better everyday. Hope my writings bring some inspiration for you to write. Writing is the best form of expression and for tips, leave a comment with your email id and I'll be back with you in a short time. Thanks for your Time.
The Saying
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
In the Appalachian Mountains, you carry two bullets—one for something that moves, and one for something that don’t.
She locked the door, the quiet room her only refuge from the world. The soft hum of the lamp lulled her into a fragile sense of peace. Then, faintly, the sound of breathing came from the darkest corner. 'Who's there?' she whispered, her voice trembling. A cold voice replied, 'You locked me in with you."
And just like that, I left home. Going to a unknown place with a Big Dream. That day, I felt my mother was fighting back tears in her eyes when she was bidding her goodbyes. Dad was sitting on the porch, waving with a hollow smile. They didn't want me to go, but they knew I had to. So, I left with a Bag to never return like before. Gone home, but it was never the same. Mom laughed, Dad wasn't worrying anymore, but when I left, the mood shifted. But I had to. Year's pass by, I got out of college, got into my dream job, earned a bunch, flew my parents to live in my place, but it was never like before. I sold my childhood home, I had to. No meaning in keeping something unused. Now, my kid's flying out, to Caltech, and it's story is the same all over again, it had to be. Him with a Bag at the end of the driveway, my wife on the stairs, struggling to fight back tears, me on the porch, waving with a hollow smile, I had to.
The girl sat in her room, staring at the shadowy corner where the moonlight barely reached. She heard the faintest sound of a whisper, so soft she thought it was her imagination. But then it came again, louder this time, right behind her. "Don’t turn around." Her heart froze as the voice, unmistakably her own, whispered from the darkness, "Why are you in my room?" A chill swept over her as she realized she was not alone. The mirror across the room reflected her pale, terrified face—but behind her, another girl stood, grinning, eyes hollow and wide.
Comments
Post a Comment